Using up the apples
I’ve been racking my brain on how to use up these apples! Thanks to everyone who made a suggestion. Basically, I got lazy (and cheap) and didn’t want to buy any ingredients I didn’t already have.
Somehow I managed to come up with this:
Vegan Apple Crisp
- 5 small apples, cored and sliced
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup soymilk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease or spray a 2 qt (8×8) baking dish
- Core and chop apples, place them in a large bowl
- Combine sugar, flour, and cinnamon in separate bowl
- Add dry ingredients to apples and mix well
- Place apples in a greased 2-qt baking dish
- Cover evenly with soymilk
- Bake for 45-50 minutes
I thought this tasted pretty good but it’s a recipe I want to improve upon. I think when I get some whole wheat pastry flour that would work better. But not bad.
Especially when topped with peanut butter!
I finally had to scoop the rest out and put it away in the fridge or else I might’ve eaten it all!
Dinner at Waffle House was nothing to write home about. Even Josh was a little disappointed. I think it really depends on the one you go to and apparently the one by our house is kind of lame.
I got a regular order of hash browns with tomatoes, onions and mushrooms. It was pretty good but I think I would get a large order next time. I just wasn’t sure what I was getting myself in to.
I ate some cinnamon toast when I got home