As I searched through my blog posts from last year, I realized…I did not make any resolutions for 2009!
(Happy B-day Elvis! ~On January 8th)
I guess I was ahead of myself because I was thinking the past few weeks that I don’t want to make any resolutions. I do have some goals but nothing so unrealistic that a week from now I will think of it as a failure. Resolutions are like diets…they just don’t work. Or they work for a month and then you go back to your old ways. I did end up doing lots of challenges over the past year but nothing that I started in January and saw through until now.
- I went vegan
- I walked a half marathon
- I ran my fastest 5K
- I discovered green monsters
- I cut the “crap” out of my diet
- Went to NEW YORK CITY!
- Wrote what is still my most clicked on post to date
- The blog turned 1 and I hit 900 posts
- Saw U2 in Chicago and RENT in Cincy
- Finally met some local bloggers!
- Had a tooth pulled
Lots of other stuff happened too, but those are just the highlights. One thing I noticed too was how many new foods I tried! After quickly looking through it, I declare 2009 a successful year for me.
Now it’s on to 2010…quick poll – Twenty-ten or Two-thousand-ten?
For the first time in a long time, I don’t have any weight loss or fitness goals. I am training for and running in races this year, but I don’t feel like I need to make those a goal…because I already know I’m going to do them. Does that make sense?
Rather, my goals are life related. And blog related too, of course. Here’s my “short list.”
- Get more sleep (8 hours)
- Read more books (including the Bible)
- Be content with my current job
- Make this blog better (find a focus)
- Get financially “fit” (save, save, save)
- Spend more time with family and friends I don’t see often
- Get my doggie healthier (she’s overweight and needs more exercise so she can live with us for a LONG time)
- Have fun, stay positive, and avoid anything that isn’t!
That’s just a quick glance. I know I will have more little goals here and there but those are the big ones. I can’t wait to look back on this a year from now and see what I’ve done