I check my blog stats regularly and it still seems that both Ryan Reynolds and my Hotties post are the most active for this site!
So, in the spirit of all things Hottie, I decided to start a once-weekly series of posts about “Healthy Hotties” you know and love. Who is your favorite healthy hottie? It could be a male, female, athlete, celebrity, your mom, etc. Here’s one that always comes to mind for me…
Healthy Hottie #1 – Lance Armstrong
What makes Lance a healthy hottie? I’m so glad you asked!
- He won the Tour de France a record 7 (consecutive) times
- He isn’t letting a collarbone injury get in the way of his drive to win that 8th time
- He’s ran the New York City and Boston Marathons
- He is a former triathlete, having started at the age of 13
- He overcame testicular cancer that had spread to his brain and lungs
- He has handled constant investigations into doping allegations made against him, all of which he’s been cleared of
- He started his own charity called the Lance Armstrong Foundation, which provides support to be affected by cancer aka LIVESTRONG
- He founded another charity called Athletes for Hope, along with several other big name athletes, that helps professional athletes get involved in charitable causes and inspires non-athletes to volunteer and support the community
- He’s on Twitter!
- His hilarious cameos in “Dodgeball” and “You, me and Dupree”
- He started a bike race called the Tour de Gila in New Mexico on Wednesday!
- This may be a strange one, but I love his ex-wife Kristin Armstrong, who may get her own Healthy Hottie feature soon!
- He’s just so inspiring!
There you have it folks! New one coming next week 🙂