Healthy Hottie of the week
I’m so glad you all enjoyed the Healthy Hotties post last week!
This week’s Healthy Hottie is not other than my main blog stats-getter, Ryan Reynolds 🙂
What makes Ryan a healthy hottie, besides the obvious?
- His incredible sense of humor
- He put on 20 lbs of muscle and took off 1/3 of his body fat for Blade: Trinity and did so in a healthy way (diet and exercise)
- He is the best part of movies he’s in, even if he’s not the main character (he had some great lines in Wolverine!)
- Have you seen “Just Friends”? Haha…
- He’s been on the cover of Men’s Health magazine twice
- In the fall of 2008, he ran the New York City Marathon as a benefit for Parkinson’s Disease, which his father has had for 15 years
- He has a healthy hottie wife, Scarlett Johannson!
Here’s a sample of Ryan’s diet when he’s training for movie roles:
* Breakfast: 2 eggs a slice of avocado and 1 cup of oatmeal
* Snacks: a protein Bar
* Lunch: tuna wrap or chicken salad
* Snacks: a whey protein shake, protein bar and an apple
* Dinner: broiled fish or chicken, brown rice and vegetables
* Snacks: protein shake
“Never do any of that carb-starve crap,” Reynolds says. Amen!
His workout routine involves lots of strength training, 6 days per week! His trainer, has him work one body part per day over the 6-day period. Since he was mostly focused on building muscle mass, he did not do much cardio. And after shooting for movies ceases, he’s not able to keep up the grueling workouts but he has found a nice “gray area” in order to keep a toned physique.
“If you hate your workout, you’re not going to do it,” explains Reynolds.
Hope you all enjoyed this week’s edition of Healthy Hotties. Keep those suggestions coming 🙂