This week’s workouts
So I mentioned the other day that I was going to a yoga class and then running later on? Well, I did go to yoga and it was amazing!
I hadn’t realized how much I missed the group / class setting! Even though it was EXTREMELY crowded (first class of the summer) I really enjoyed myself and got some serious stretching and relaxation in my day which is always a good thing. The poses were pretty standard, lots of warriors and seated twists. One thing that was new to me that I really like was lying down tree pose. I love this one standing up and lying down was a whole different experience with the same pose! Ok, yoga nerd alert…
Later in the day, I actually did NOT go running but strength trained instead. I met my friend, who is a trainer, and she had us do THREE circuits of exercises this time. Remember last time how I felt weak and dizzy right in the middle of the second circuit? Happened again, only this time it was at the beginning of the third! I think what is happening is a culmination of heat (it gets really HOT in the gym), plus not drinking enough water, plus I need some sugar or electrolytes while I’m working out. So I’m going to do some experimenting and see how it goes. However, sitting down for a minute, drinking 2 cups of water and taking a few deep breaths gets me back up and running.
Afterwards, I had this and it helped me feel way better!
This was so tasty! I love these drinks because they aren’t real sugary and have mostly natural ingredients, which I’ve mentioned before when I tried other flavors. I have seen there is a zero calorie version but I have yet to try any of those. This entire bottle has 100 calories. I didn’t feel the need to eat a snack this time as I wasn’t hungry. Probably because I had a Fage + granola before my workout 🙂
Here’s most of what we did, I can’t remember it all…25 reps of each exercise!
3 minute warm up on treadmill (3.0 mph)
- Squats with bar behind head (mine was 9 lbs)
- Chest presses with bar
- Dips using weight bench
- Bicep curls with bar
- Shoulder presses with bar
- Tricep extensions with resistance band
- Bicep curls with resistance band
- Lateral raises (with 2.5 lb dumbbells, I was pooping out!)
- Bicep curls with 10 lb weights
- Chest flyes with 10 lb weights
- Tricep extensions with 1, 10 lb weight
- Ab twists with 4 lb medicine ball
- Step ups on weight bench (the part where I almost fainted)
- Stationary lunges holding 10 lb dumbbells (each leg)
- Ab v-crunches using 4 lb medicine ball
- Back extensions on the floor
- Bridges (for back)
- Bent over row using 9 lb weight bar
- Dead lifts with 10 lb dumbbells
- Reverse flyes with 5 lb dumbbells
- Another ab exercise I can’t come up with a name for, toe touches maybe?
Oh my gosh, writing that out made me want to almost pass out! My friend is crazy, but she’s a professional. I totally trust her. 🙂
Between circuits, we did 1 minute walking @ 3.0 on the treadmill and 1 minute of running at 6.0 (for me) before stepping off to start another round.
Today I did get to run…for 30 minutes! I’m so happy to have done it and I feel great, especially after stretching. I’m really looking forward to my next 5K which is next Saturday, oh my gosh! After this race, I’m going to start working on improving my speed, which is going to be fun (haha).
Hope you all are having a beautiful Thursday!