Hugh = Healthy Hottie!
So, I know you’ve been anxiously waiting all week for it and here it is…another round of Healthy Hottie!
This week’s choice is none other than Wolverine himself, Mr. Hugh Jackman 🙂
Full name: Hugh Michael Jackman
Age: 40 (Born 10/12/1968)
Place of Birth: Sydney, Australia
Marital Status: Married to Deborra-Lee Furness since 1996. The couple have two adopted children, Oscar – 9, and Ava, 3.
What makes Hugh this week’s hottie?
- He plays the piano and does yoga every day!
- He’s a runner and often posts on his twitter page after his runs, i.e. “Had a great five mile run through Rome this morning. Those Spanish steps are killer…”
- The fact that he can play both extremely muscular tough guy/mutant Wolverine and also sing, dance and high-kick brilliantly as The Boy From Oz for which he won a Tony Award.
- Hugh is a longtime proponent of microcredit — the extension of very small loans to impoverished prospective entrepreneurs in undeveloped countries.
- He’s hosted the Tony Awards 3 times (2003-2005), as well as the Academy Awards in 2009.
- He used to kiss a poster of Olivia Newton-John everyday when he was in elementary school 😉
- Was voted one of “The 50 Most Beautiful People in the World” by People magazine in 2003 and then crowned “Sexiest Man Alive” in 2008.
- On April 14, 2009 he posted on his twitter page that he would donate $100,000 to one individual’s favorite non profit organization. It ended up going to both Charity: Water and Operation of Hope, which each received $50,000.
- Once peed his pants while singing onstage during a performance of “Beauty and the Beast” (yes, anything hilarious makes you a hottie too!)
- Did you see “Australia”? Whew…
Quotable: “Acting is something I love. It’s a great craft that I have a lot of respect for. But I don’t think it’s any greater challenge than teaching 8-year-olds or any other career. In my life, I try not to make it more important than it is and I just hope that rubs off on the people around me.” – Hugh Jackman.
I’m sure there’s more. What do you love about Hugh?
This week’s edition of Healthy Hottie is dedicated to my best friend Courtney, who suggested Mr. Jackman as this week’s choice. There’s a particular scene during the new Wolverine movie where she leaned over to me, sighed, and with much euphoria in her voice said “I love this movie…” ha ha.
Who is your favorite healthy hottie?