Why I love bars
Bars that you eat, I mean, ha ha.
Bars are great for me because…
- They make a great snack or part of a meal
- They are convenient, don’t require assembly
- They can fit into your purse or pocket
- Easy to sneak into the movie theatre
- Quiet enough to eat during church (assuming you don’t get a crunchy one)
- There are so many different brands and flavors, the possibilities are endless
- If you find a good brand, you can get some great vitamins and nutrients
- Well balanced bars (good combo of carbs + protein) make great pre or post exercise fuel
- They are fun to write reviews for!
What about you…what do you like (or not like) about bars?
I recently tried a couple more. It seems like new ones are coming out all the time, not to mention the ones I still haven’t gotten to yet.
First up, Odwalla Mochawalla (that’s a mouth full)!
When I first bit into this bar, the coffee flavor was a little overwhelming and I wasn’t sure if I wanted to keep going. But I took a second bite and suddenly, the mocha flavor really shined through and I loved it! I would definitely only recommend this to people who like the taste of coffee/espresso because it is rather strong. But when I finished the bar, I felt good and it really gave me a boost after a draining workout and held me over nicely until I was able to get home to dinner.
The kind folks over at Amazing Grass sent me some samples of their products, including this bar. I have to say, after trying the Odwalla Superfood bar, I was not at all optimistic that I would like this one, even if it was coated in chocolate!
But, I was pleasantly surprised. This bar did not at all taste like the other and the chocolate coating was the perfect touch. It did not taste like greens at all! The bar was chewy and took a while to eat, which is good for my satiety. My only complaint is that as I was eating it, some chocolate pieces kept falling off, so I made a little mess 😉
I’m really excited to try the drink powders next!