It felt so good to work out today after a weekend with no formal exercise. We did gets lots of walking in over the weekend between the concert (plus jumping, dancing, etc.) and our lunch on Saturday. But still, it had been a while since I’d pumped some iron!
We warmed up with 5 minutes on the treadmill then got to work…these are not in order, FYI!
- Squats – 2 sets of 12 holding 12.5 lb weights
- Dead lifts – 2 sets of 12 with 12.5 lb dumbbells
- Lunges – 1 sets of 12 (each leg) with 12.5 lb weights
- Reverse flyes – 1 set of 12 w/ 10 lb dumbbells
- Tricep kickbacks – 1 set of 12 w/ 10 lb dumbbells
- Abs – 4 different exercises, 1 set of 25 each (two using 10 lb weight, one obliques)
- “Donkey kicks” on the mat
- Tricep push downs on cable machine – 2 sets of 12 @ 110 lbs.
- Seated row machine – 2 sets of 12 @ 40 lbs.
- Tricep dips on weight bench – 2 sets of 12
- Back extensions on balance ball – 2 sets of 12
- Tricep overhead extensions – 1 set of 12, 10 lb dumbbell (1)
Cool down on treadmill for 10 minutes @ 2.5 mph. Stretched. Done 🙂
I do miss training for races, just a little bit, but I am truly enjoying getting back into weight training and my body is definitely responding. I’m also really enjoying yoga and pilates too. I’m attending a yoga class after work before I meet my old college roommate for dinner. Actually, we’d gone to school together since 6th grade, but it’s been almost 5 years since I’ve seen her!! 😉
What a great Monday! Hope yours is awesome too.