Today’s (lonely) workout
I forgot to mention this in prior posts, but one of the buildings that received the most water (and likely damage) from the flood was the building that houses the employee fitness facility and the place where my dear friend/trainer/workout partner Farrah works. She is pretty upset and still not quite sure of the condition of the facility just yet.
She did not have to report to work today, obviously, so I was on my own for a workout. Thankfully, we have a few options of places to go, so I just went to another facility across the way. I got in a great workout but I was definitely missing her and our “normal” place of exercise today.
**Speaking of trainers, Healthy Ashley has a very interesting discussion going on over at her blog, “Required to be fit?”
I started off with 5 minute warm up on the treadmill, gradually increasing my speed from 3.0-3.8 and keeping the incline at 2.0%. Then I did some weight training, which I was totally in the mood for today!
- Chest presses on weight bench (15 lbs) – 2 sets of 12
- Military (shoulder) press (12.5 lbs) – 2 sets of 12
- Lower abs exercise – 2 sets of 12
- Seated bicep curls (10 lbs) – 2 sets of 12
- Tricep extensions (10-12.5 lbs) – 2 sets of 12 (second set used 12.5)
- Crunches on bench – 2 sets of 25
- Leg extension machine (50 lbs) – 2 sets of 12
- Lying leg curl machine (50 lbs) – 2 sets of 12
- Hip adductor/abductor machine (65-75 lbs) – 2 sets of 12 each
I had a few minutes left to kill, so I did 5 minutes on the recumbent bike and 5 minutes of rowing to round things out.
It was fun and sweaty, but I sure did miss the company.
What about you? Which do you enjoy more — working out by yourself or with a partner?
Hope you all are having a great day. Don’t forget to enter my Musselman’s Applesauce giveaway! Ends tomorrow night at 11:59 p.m.