Wow. When I started this blog in May of 2008, I never would’ve imagined writing 900 posts. But that’s what this one is…number 900!
I think it is appropriate, in post number 900, to say that I am doing some serious brainstorming regarding See Sarah Eat. I’m talking design, features, possibly self-hosting, etc. I’m ready to take this blog to the next level. It has been amazing (and exhausting) for me to go back and look at old posts here recently, because so many things have changed (for the better) over the past year and a half.
The early days:
- I used to write pictureless posts about what I ate that day.
- I used to obey the food pyramid!
- I used to post the calorie counts on almost every meal I ate.
- I used to take some really ugly fuzzy pictures!
- I wrote this: “I could never go 100% vegetarian because its just my personal belief that excluding anything or eating too much of one thing just doesn’t work for me in the long run and that goes for all foods, not just meat.” Uhh…
- Thought I was lactose intolerant, only to realize I’m not. Or am I?
- Went through “phases” where I thought low-carb was a good idea.
- I was (and still am) an emotional eater.
Some of my favorite posts from the past 19 months:
- The philosophy of Mark Bittman – about running and eating
- Facing opposition – Dealing with people who challenge your diet
- A good report at my health assessment
- Coming back from a slight weight gain which also happened a year earlier
- I was interviewed and photographed for a local magazine — oh my gosh, I never blogged about that! Oops, I’m writing myself a note.
- Exercise, food and weight gain
- My revelations about sugar and other aspects of my diet
- Oat bran v. Oatmeal
- Walking the mini-marathon, same one I ran in 2008
- Getting to visit New York City 🙂
- Achieving a PR in a 5k race only to later achieve another new PR in a 5K race
- Discovering the Green Monster
- When I decided to go “Crap Free” and avoid artificial sweeteners, HFCS, etc. FOR GOOD!
- Comparing notes, seeing how far I’d come in my weight loss / healthy living journey
- Election Day, 2008: When we got Suzie and a new president too
- Reliving my mission trip to Nicaragua
- Finally got a decent camera in March 2009
- As of October 1, 2009, I eat a vegan diet. Despite that comment above!
- I’ve decided to give running another shot
- I became the Louisville Healthy Living Examiner
- I finally got to meet another food blogger in my area!
I can’t wait to see what happens over the next 900 posts. Thank you guys from the bottom of my heart for reading, commenting, and for being my friends. I can’t say it enough…I love this community! I don’t know where I’d be or what I’d do without it.
I’ve got so much more to catch you guys up on but I am beat (ran 4 miles after work) and it’s time to hit the hay! Good night 🙂
Posted on November 12, 2009, in 5k, accomplishments, changes, diets, running, vegetarianism, weight loss and tagged blogging, green monster, Mark Bittman, nicaragua, See Sarah Eat, vegan. Bookmark the permalink. 8 Comments.