Yoga for weight loss
This morning, I did the Yoga For Weight Loss #1 program from Yoga Download. It was my first video class!
While I am not doing yoga to lose weight, I do see how the flow of poses in this particular program can really warm up the body! I wasn’t sweating by any means, but I definitely felt like I got a mini-workout. Some of the poses were quite challenging for me too (knee to nose comes to mind).
Since this is my first time trying a Yoga Download video, I decided to list some of the pros and cons of video yoga programs.
- You can see the postures being done and can correct yourself if necessary
- Easier than scrolling through a PDF while trying to do yoga
- Being able to put a face with the voice of the instructor
- Having to look up from a pose to see what’s going on (if I’m just going to listen, I might as well do audio only)
- There was some skipping and muffled audio at certain points
- Feeling distracted, unfocused
I think from now on I will go back to the audio programs. There are certainly plenty to choose from.
I also think it might be a good idea to study and familiarize myself with the poses of the program first, that way I am not glancing at a screen or a PDF on my computer. That can be very distracting, which takes away from the intention of yoga.
Do you do yoga videos? What do you like or dislike about them?