The treadmill is my homegirl
This morning we were hit with some winter weather that made driving conditions less than desirable. Therefore, I was not about to risk falling and injuring myself on a run outside today.
I had an easy two miles on the training schedule today and I did just that, after a 5 minute warm up and followed by a few minutes of cool down.
- Distance: 2.0 miles
- Time: 21:45
- Pace: 10:53/mile
Like I said in that previous post, I have to expect my treadmill times to be slower, unless I am doing a speed workout. By keeping at this pace, I was able to finish the workout painlessly and in a good state of mind.
Did the treadmill change? No. I changed my attitude and adjusted my program as necessary.
I also did a quick weight training workout after I stretched really good.
- Chest presses – 12.5 lb weights, 2×15
- Shoulder presses – 10 lb weights, 1×15; 7.5 lb weights, 1×15
- Bicep curls – 12.5 lb weights, 1×15; 10 lb weights, 1×15
- Tricep overhead extensions – 12.5 lb weight (1), 1×15; 10 lb weight, 1×15
- Leg extension machine – 35 lbs resistance, 2×15
- Leg curl machine – 50 lbs resistance, 2×15
I’ve been slacking on my yoga the past few days and had planned on attending a class tonight taught by the beautiful Carrie, but I have so much on my plate right now.
I’m hoping to either do a relaxing home practice tonight or start up again in the morning.
Are there any fitness challenges or road blocks that you have overcome recently?