My old "friend"
We had quite the rainy, cool day on Friday so I was forced inside to visit an old enemy friend, Ms. Treadmill!
I warmed up for 5 minutes and then ran 3.25 miles in 35 minutes before cooling down for another 5. I’m not worried about pace since this was on the treadmill. I gradually increased my speed from 5.0-6.0 over the course of 33 minutes and then the last few I sprinted between 6.0-7.0 which felt really good.
I was a sweaty mess when it was over!
I also decided to do some weights yesterday because I had time. I didn’t feel like doing multiple sets of anything, so I just did a bunch of exercises and tried to hit all the muscle groups I could.
- Chest press + flyes (combo move) – 10 lbs, 12 reps
- Bicep curls + Shoulder presses – 7.5 lbs, 12 reps
- Lateral raises – 5 lbs, 12 reps
- Front raises – 5 lbs, 12 reps
- Bicep curls alone – 10 lbs, 12 reps
- Tricep overhead extension – 12.5 lbs (single dumbbell), 12 reps
- Bent over rows – 7.5 lbs, 12 reps
- Reverse flyes – 7.5 lbs, 12 reps
- Dead lifts – 10 lbs, 12 reps
- Push ups – 10 reps
- Tricep dips on bench – 10 reps
- Side bends – 5 lbs, 25 reps (each side)
- Leg curl machine – 55 lbs, 12 reps
- Leg extension machine – 55 lbs, 12 reps
- Sit ups with medicine ball – 25
- Side to side twists with medicine ball – 25 (each side)
It never ceases to amaze me how I don’t feel like I did that much until I come back here and write about it! I feel pretty darn proud now 🙂
I’m hoping to take my dog for a nice long walk later today since I’m off work. The sun is out but I’m still waiting for it to warm up a bit more out there!
Happy Friday 🙂