Day 2: Headache & lots o’ bananas
I woke up this morning with a really bad headache that is just now starting to go away as I write this (8 o’clock at night). I think I got overheated in my sleep or I’m really sensitive to weather changes (it’s been hot, humid and rainy today). Or perhaps a combination of the two.
But I ate a good breakfast before lying on the couch and going back to sleep for four more hours! Yikes, I must’ve needed it.
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup plain almond milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tbsp raw wheat germ
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 1-2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- Heat almond milk and water on high until it comes to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and stir in oats. Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring often, until desired consistency is reached.
- Add in pumpkin and stir for an additional minute or so, allowing pumpkin to heat up. Remove from stove, stir in wheat germ and top with raisins and peanut butter.
When I woke up from my really long nap, I was ready for lunch. But first, I had to walk Suzie who got REALLY wet from the monsoon going on outside.
For lunch, I had my last Gardein “chicken” breast. It’s technically processed but it expired before the end of the challenge, so I decided to go ahead and use it up.
Before I went grocery shopping, I snacked on a banana.
I also picked up a black coffee while I was out. I didn’t want to send myself into caffeine withdrawal while I already had a headache! But it made grocery shopping quite relaxing! I may have to do that more often ;-)
For dinner, I decided to work with these two ingredients.
In this challenge, it is suggested that alcohol be enjoyed in moderation, so I went ahead and finished off the half glass that was left in a bottle I got last week.
I’m not going to buy anymore wine for home until the challenge is over, but I do plan on enjoying a drink on my birthday 🙂
For dessert, I made banana soft serve with a twist!
It wasn’t as thick and creamy as the bananas alone, but it still tasted great!