Make a plan and do it!
After the race on Saturday, I took Sunday off to rest and get my usual household chores taken care of. Then on Monday, I was too busy. Tuesday, I didn’t feel good. Somehow I haven’t exercised since last Saturday!
I’m all about listening to one’s body but I think this has gone a step further than that and I have become incredibly unbalanced.
Normally, this would not be a problem and honestly a welcome break every now and then, but this has happened two weeks in a row. My concern is not about vanity or worrying about gaining a few pounds, I know that not exercising more regularly than I have been is just not good for my health.
In fact, I was starting to wonder if the sickness I keep getting off and on might be due to the fact that I’m not moving as much as I usually do? Or have I cut back on exercising because I don’t feel good? I’ve had a sort of chicken/egg conversation going on in my head the past few days!
Last night, I felt like it was time to put my feelings onto paper and make a “plan” as to what I can do about it. Here is what I wrote:
Tuesday May 18th, 2010:
Ugh, I feel awful. Why?
- Too much food (after dinner)
- No exercise since Saturday
- Sore throat/cough/congestion
- I gotta move!
- The foods I am eating are okay, not exercising ISN’T.
Tomorrow, I will…
- Start the day off with yoga (check, thanks Exercise TV!)
- Eat a healthy breakfast and drink some tea (check)
- Take 2, 15 minute walk breaks at work (check 1 of 2, so far)
- Do yoga class at work (check) or run
- Do another short workout this afternoon (if time permits)
- Drink lots of water and tea (so far, so good, check)
- Enjoy girl’s night tonight!
Man, it felt good to write all of that out. Not only was I able to acknowledge that I was feeling bad, I was able to move on and set a plan into motion so that I won’t feel bad anymore!
As you can see, I have already met more than half of my goals for the day. They are all simple little things that add up to me feeling better. I’m all about adding up the little things 🙂
And I’m feeling great today…