I believe now more than ever that my body goes through cycles, or seasons. It seems like the same things happen at the same time every year. It’s so weird!
But also pretty cool, since I have the old blog posts to prove it.
On Monday, May 24th, I decided to try giving up caffeine again.
I like the idea of having one cup a day but since we all know that I’m not good at moderation, one cup became a few. And sometimes I’d throw in the occasional venti iced coffee from Starbucks (oops).
One night last week, I was up way past my bedtime and most nights I don’t sleep well. So I figured giving up caffeine was a good place to start.
That’s just one…there are others!
- I recently decided to stop calorie counting (4/8) since it wasn’t doing me much good. I made this same decision on May 4, 2009.
- My allergies have been killing me lately. On May 13, 2009, I said “I have been struggling with allergies and all around tiredness lately.”
- I experimented with vegetarianism several times, which I discussed in this post. And this one, a year earlier. I laughed out loud at the “I still plan to do dairy and eggs. That would just be too hard for me, sorry.” See, you may think that now, but you never know…
- I recently did a post on the value of meal planning. I made this a challenge on May 26, 2009.
- I totally worked out in this shirt yesterday.
- A year ago today, on May 26, 2009, I decided to stop weighing myself. Just as I did on July 23, 2008.
Not weighing anymore is an idea I have been toying with again for some time now. But I don’t think I’m ready for that, at least not until the end of the Pound for Pound Challenge. Which hasn’t been going so well, but oh well.
I just think it is interesting how every Spring, I get tired of calorie counting (and weighing myself), suffer from allergies, stop eating meat (well that was a given this time), and have a desire to give up caffeine. It is so funny how our bodies operate.
I’m interested to look back through the blog and see what it is exactly that makes this happen and how I can keep myself from repeating at least one thing this year!
Aren’t blog archives great?!