I saw this survey over on Happy Herbivore, which if you’ve never visited and you are looking for some awesome vegan recipes, you must go there NOW! Well, perhaps read my survey first 😉
1. Favorite non-dairy milk?
It’s a tie between unsweetened Almond Breeze and Rice Milk
2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
I have yet to try a tofu scramble so I want to do that and I also want to make some vegan cookies and pizza!
3. Topping of choice for popcorn?
I don’t really eat it and if I do it’s plain
4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
That Lentil casserole I made a while back was pretty bland
5. Favorite pickled item?
Definitely just pickles but especially the ones Josh gets from Pickle Guys in NYC
6. How do you organize your recipes?
They are all thrown in a drawer with the cookbooks in my dining room!
7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
I throw most things away except for glass, plastic and cans which I recycle. I rarely use my garbage disposal.
8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods…what would they be (don’t worry about how you’ll cook them)?
Peanut butter, oats and bananas.
9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
Baking cookies with my great grandma at Christmas time.
10. Favorite vegan ice cream?
So Delicious chocolate velvet was the most recent one, I try not to eat it too often.
11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
Loved? I don’t know, most of mine annoy me and need to be replaced. But I guess the microwave gets the most usage.
12. Spice/herb you would die without?
Garlic, I put it in almost every thing I make (except desserts, ha ha).
13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
Better Homes and Gardens cookbook, which I don’t think I’ve used in forever.
14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
Right now, it’s Blueberry!
15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
When I find it, I’ll let you know!
16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
Tofu since it’s the only one of the three I’ve had so far.
17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
Breakfast is my favorite to cook, eat, etc.
18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
Flax seeds, Artichoke burgers, spinach.
20. What’s on your grocery list?
Don’t know yet, I need to make one! Time to try some more new recipes 🙂
21. Favorite grocery store?
Whole Foods but I haven’t been there in a while. Of the “regular” stores I think I’d have to say Meijer.
22. Name a recipe you’d love to veganize, but haven’t yet.
23. Food blog you read the most (besides Isa’s because I know you check it everyday). Or maybe the top 3?
24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?
Real dark chocolate (without milk products). I need to try more though!
25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
I don’t know! I’ve actually been very frugal lately. Sorry, I’m boring 😉
I need to fill this out again at the end of the month perhaps!
With this one, you have to answer each question with just one word. Have fun reading and do it yourself if you want 🙂
1. Where is your cell phone? Desk
2. Your hair? Messy
3. Your mother? Awesome
4. Your father? Kind
5. Your favorite food? Mediterranean
6. Your dream last night? Forgettable
7. Your favorite drink? Water
8. Your dream/goal? Career
9. What room are you in? Cubicle
10. Your hobby? Writing
11. Your fear? Spiders
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Content
13. Where were you last night? Home
14. Something you aren’t? Mean
15. Muffins? Pumpkin!
16. Wish list item? Cookbooks
17. Where did you grow up? Kentucky
18. Last thing you did? Read
19. What are you wearing? Sweater
20. Your TV? Nice
21. Your pets? Suzie
22. Your friends? Unique
23. Your life? Beautiful
24. Your mood? Relaxed
25. Missing someone? Friends
26. Vehicle? Ford
27. Something you’re not wearing? Makeup!
28. Your favorite store? Target
29. Your favorite color? Purple
30. When was the last time you laughed? Today
31. Last time you cried? Yesterday
32. Your best friend? Lovely
33. One place that I go over and over? Grocery
34. One person who emails me regularly? Courtney
35. Favorite place to eat? Shiraz
Before I left work, I tried the Fage 2% with peach yogurt and let me just say, holy peaches! I am in love with Fage. Now if only they would send me coupons….hehe. I still heart you Oikos, just not the honey flavor 😉
The wedding yesterday was a blast! I ended up meeting my mom where she works, which is 1.1 miles away from the ballpark and we walked there! It was great exercise and I was glad my mom got some in too. The weather was beautiful. I also took a 15-minute break walk in the afternoon before I had my snack. So I’m pleased with the amount of activity I ended up getting yesterday.
I’m so glad my aunt and UNCLE (!) got married somewhere that was special to them. Plus, I ended up being a bridesmaid of sorts and I didn’t even know it, haha. That was the first time I’d ever been one, even if it was more informal. My aunt arranged our bouquets herself!
I thought I had a good picture of me with the wedding party, but I think my mom accidentally turned my camera to “video mode” at that point 😦 I’m sure one will surface somewhere, there must’ve been 10 digital cameras going off yesterday 😉
It was such a beautiful day and as soon as my husband arrived to sit down for the game (he had to work late), it started RAINING! I don’t think the game got rained out, but we did, its just no fun to sit in, especially when you weren’t expecting it (stupid weather man). So we ended up going home early, but we saw the first few innings.
I made sure to get pictures of ALL the food at the reception since it was already a picture taking frenzy!
And now, here is my plate…
There were buns, but I passed on them because I knew they weren’t whole grain and I honestly didn’t want one anyway. I did however, partake in a little “dessert”:
I had two, gave one to the husband and then there’s still one lurking in my purse I’m sure. They were good, I really like the Bliss line, but the dark chocolate is way better 😉
They also had to disperse of the popcorn when the game started, so we all got bags to take with us. I ate about half and gave the other half to the hubby…
I didn’t end up eating that Larabar after all, so that is still in my purse too (yay, emergency snacks)!
However, when we got home, I did feel a bit “low fuel” so I had my usual Carrots ‘n Cake inspired snack, only this time I used pita.
Since I toasted the pita lightly, it really melted the PB and chips, oh boy 🙂
Hope you all had a good Thursday night and thank God its Friday! Can I get an amen?
I have decided to join Tina in her 31 Days of Yoga challenge!
I love yoga very much and it has been a while since I’ve done any kind of structured practice, so I’m anxious to get going again. When I do yoga regularly, I feel really good and it definitely keeps me limber; it’s also very calming for me. I’m really excited!
The requirements are that you do at least 20 minutes of yoga every single day in the month of March. This is going to be challenging for me, especially when I go to New York at the end of the month, but I know I am capable! What a good way keep up my workouts when I’m out of town too…hopefully our hotel room is big enough for me to spread out a bit 🙂
On Sunday morning, I’ll be waking up a few minutes early to start my day off with some yoga. I haven’t decided yet if I will do my own thing, use a video or a download from yogadownload.com — I already have one on my computer, could get more. We’ll see! If any of you are interested, you should go check out Carrots ‘n Cake to join in on the fun!